The story so far…
- Born in London (0 – 12yrs), grew up in France (12 – 20yrs), studied at Sussex University (BA Hons Philosophy w/ French) living in Brussels (9yrs+).
- Professional endorsements include skateboard media, law firms and projects funded by the European Commission.
- Extra-curricular activities include skateboarding, kung fu, snooker, cycling and maintaining websites dedicated to the Belgian skate scene, Hip Hop culture, technology and literature.
- The worst job is one with limitations and no satisfaction.
- The best job is one that motivates you to get up in the morning and stay awake at night.
- Bilingual French / English
- Written / Spoken Spanish (A-level)
Computer skills :
- Operating Systems : Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS Snow Leopard
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio, Office Communicator, Access)
- Content Management Systems : Vignette, Plone, Robohelp 6.0, Dreamweaver 8, Microsoft Sharepoint
- Internet : Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome
- Design : Quark X-press, Adobe, Photoshop Elements
September 2012 – Present:
Digital Communications & IT for the European Telecommunications and Network Operators Association (ETNO), Brussels, Belgium
- Project coordination and Content Management of website
- Sourcing and distribution of news and communications
- Maintaining contact databases
- In-house information technology contact person
August 2011 – September 2012:
- Actively seeking work
- Working on various skateboard related projects
- Active promotion of independent skate brands
January – July 2011:
Legal Editor for White & Case LLP, Brussels, Belgium
- Draft, edit and proof-read internal and external communications
- Manage marketing document library
- Compile pitches
- Liaise with and submit documents for legal directories
April 2010 – January 2011:
Project Assistant / Content Manager European Regional Information Society Association, Brussels, Belgium
- Drafting, editing and publishing content for the Eris@ website and sister portals (www.broadband-europe.eu /www.de-lan.eu)
- Composing templates for monthly newsletters, presentations, press releases
- Managing contact databases and mailing lists
- Various administrative tasks
November 2007 – January 2010:
Marketing and Communications Officer for Laga and Deloitte Tax, Diegem (Brussels), Belgium
- Writing, editing and publishing all content for the Laga website
- Editing and publishing content for the Deloitte Belgium website (Tax) Composing internal, external and B2B newsletters.
- Contact database management (Microsoft Excel, Access and Internet Content Management Systems)
- Train and facilitate voice over IP system (Microsoft Office Communicator)
- Maintaining stockroom and distribution of promotional items and brochures.
March – November 2007:
Copywriter / Technical Communications for Bureau van Dijk Electronic Publishing in Brussels, Belgium
- Editing and writing help documents for Internet and DVD CD-Rom applications
- Generating and publishing copy using Content Management Systems (Robohelp 6.0, Dreamweaver…)
- Translating English to French and vice-versa
Freelance Journalist, Member of the National Union of Journalists
- Assistant editor for the Skate Zine at www.caughtinthecrossfire.com (since 2002)
- News editor for Ride On Magazine (since 2004), France
- Active Freelance for Sidewalk Magazine (since 2003) UK
- Staff writer and news editor for Flatspot Magazine, Belgium
- News Editor for Thrasher Magazine France.
London School of Journalism Diploma
- Quark X-Press
- News reporting for TV and radio
BA/Hons Philosophy with French (2:2), University of Sussex, Brighton
- Research, oral and written presentations
- Writing, Dissertation –Modern European Mind Modern European Literature and Thought “The tears of a clown make the whole world laugh…” On Language and Interpretation …